Thursday, April 26, 2007

andy-shit, all else busy

Andy's leg is infected, so he is still cage-bound, and on antibiotics for a week. Serious shit though, as in he might have to have the leg amputated. We'll see next week though, after a week of a/b's and a different bandage. Found out though, that someone anonymous had given the vet R500 towards the bill. So somehow, Andy-cat still has fairies on his side. Pray to them, please....

Saw p-doc and t-doc, both sessions being really funny. P-doc thinks the idea of me talking to old ladies about pigeons is hilarious, told me that they have ZZ and ZW chromosomes as opposed to people's X/Ys, but that he wouldn't want to be a pigeon cos they don't have a penis. I told him that they probably still have sex more often than he does. Funniest thing though was that he went to Rome for a conference....and ended up at the wrong one! There are two in Rome that he was invited to, last week and next week, and somehow he ended up booking for the wrong one. But he loved Rome, and all the Latin history shit, so at least he had fun.
T-doc swears that someone drugged our coffee, because we ended up talking about such strange stuff. She is wicked, has a really off-the-wall way of looking at stuff sometimes, and somehow today it was just all coming out. From debate about feeding corpses to lions onwards - I'd like that, but I don't know if lions tolerate Nardil too well.
And then I met Mikey the mynah's new mom, to hand him over. She's the woman who was so heartbroken earlier this week about losing her mouse-bird, and I convinced her that a mynah would be good for her. I think she'll be a good home for him/her (can't really sex them) too - but I look forward to her discovering the difference in nature and intellectual ability. Mynahs don't only live in houses, they run them....

So I am wrecked. Didn't get to touch the couch, almost passed out leaving p-doc, and again leaving coffee shop where I met Mikey-mom. This postural hypotension bit is not so fun - not unless you like almost falling over, and I'm not too wild about doing that unexpectedly.

Off, not really willingly, for a family long-weekend of trout fishing and bonding, tomorrow. Love my folks, love my sister and her family, but at the moment, curled up on the couch by myself is way more likable then being sociable for 3 days. Ah hell... stuff we HAVE to do, I guess, in return for the huge amount of stuff that gets done for us...

No comments: