Wednesday, May 7, 2008

one step forward, one step back...

well, the non-smoking bit is going a little slower than anticipated. Cheated a bit yesterday, and then went for dinner with one of my best buddies and her husband who have just reconciled after what looked like it would be an acrimonious split. And they both smoke, so of course I had a few as well. Got home, was eyeing the garden for possible leaves to light...and remembered seeing my 15 year old dope stash, so rooted that out and had a joint, my first in at least 7 years! OK, so the stuff was somewhat dusty, and not that pleasant to smoke - but it still has a kick....I ended up chowing popcorn and an entire packet of lettuce leaves before the munchies wore off!

Today was a bit better until I rear-ended a truck about two blocks from home, in rush hour traffic on the main road. Kind of made my pick-up a bit shorter on the left, and thoroughly disabled it. So while I waited for a tow-truck, I decided that tonight was so not a good time not to smoke, and bought a packet of an obnoxious brand - gave half to a street guy, and am puffing away on the rest.

I will still do this - from about 50 to less than 10 is a good start, and I will keep it going. Maybe though, it will take longer than a day to train myself away from 28 years of bad habit. For the dude though, it will be worth doing...

1 comment:

Aqua said...

Re: the accident...are you okay? Yikes. Re: Madagascar: Great pics. It is stunning. I see why you enjoyed it so much...WOW.