Thursday, April 30, 2009

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....


... so sunday's amicable parting was followed by tuesday's incredible sex. As well as lots of time just spent sitting next to each other doing separate work. And today's friendly visit, where I was working and he was studying, and nothing "serious" was mentioned. Maybe it's because I'm a girl, and maybe I invest too much emotion in stuff. But I find it hard to understand how we can both enjoy everything together so much, and yet for him it ends there. It's not imagination on my part about the enjoyment - he admits to that much. We can talk about everything, and even if we don't agree entirely, the differences just make for more enjoyable debates - and we pretty much share the same basic beliefs anyway. We laugh at the same things, we find the same things poignant. We have the most amazing sex....

Last week he asked what I would say or do if the circumstances were reversed, and I said that it would probably be much the same as he has. I thought about that one a lot, relating it to previous relationships where I was the one who was loved, but didn't return the love. And I don't really think that I would ever be able to take on the enormous strain of living with someone if I didn't love them completely. So I can't disagree with his actions, but it still leaves me wondering how everything can be so good and yet put us in such varying positions.

On a lighter note, I received a mail just now from a man who is hoping to relocate some dassies from a place with a population explosion to a game farm with a scarcity, and wants some advice on how to go about it. Dassies, also known as hyraxes, or rock rabbits, are a strange little animal about the size of a large domestic cat. Their closest living relative is - amazingly - the elephant. They are wide-spread in South Africa and Africa in general, living mainly in areas with hills or rocky outcrops. They are primarily vegetarian, and spend a lot of time lying around in the sun. They also bite like hell, and can be quite aggressive when cornered, and have a complex social structure of family groups within colonies. The man concerned is hoping to relocated a small number, and is worried about maintaining the family balances. One of his questions was:
"Can a lawyer sex these animals easily or does one need to be a sex expert?"

If I ever meet him I am going to battle with keeping a straight face.......

photo credit wikipedia

No comments: