Wednesday, March 5, 2008

of mad ducks and umm...guess it makes me mad too...

so Duckbuddy the perfectionist wasn't happy with the photographs she took for her course on Friday, and wanted to redo them. The assignment involved all sorts of things at the local botanical gardens starting just before sunrise. Now on Friday, there was a whole classful of students running around at dawn - she was planning on going on her own. With an armful of expensive cameras. In the dark. To a place known for its many muggings, although I don't know how early the muggers start work. I wasn't keen on her going on her own, so said I'd come with. At 05h00 in the morning... which makes me just as mad as she is.

Unfortunately, yesterday the dude couldn't get here because of car issues, so I ended up going over to see him at work. Once again, not quite sure why. No training, no canoodling - well, not much, not nearly enough - and we just sat around talking about nothing much for an hour or so. I ended up meeting a friend for a few drinks, racing home 3 hours later to mynah-mommy coming to fetch the visiting bird....many more drinks before I got her to leave at midnight. After which I cooked supper and hit the net for a while, and slept somewhere around 02h00, not nearly enough hours before a cheerful Duck was on the phone to wake me up.

We went there, climbed through a hole in the fence, tripped over all sorts of wires and chains, fumbled around in the dark, and she had her camera set up ten minutes before there was enough light for it to even register. I'm not sure that I was much use as a bodyguard, because every time she set up a shot I sat down on the nearest paving and went to sleep. Goes without saying that most of the day was a write-off while I slept in the bath and at my desk.

No dude today either, but a couple of sweet text messages from him just in time to head off the severely morbid mood in favour of just majorly depressed. If nothing else, this is a good reminder of why I avoid relationships - god knows what being with someone I loved would do to me, if this is how it feels to have a bit of casual fun....

What Love Does - Duet with Ross Learmonth
(Music: Jaco Spies Lyrics: Jaco Spies, Lienka, Ilne Muller, sample MP3 at
Lienka's website

Do you know what the world is all about?
Do you know what the world is all about?
I'm not afraid to die, at all

Do you know what the world is all about? (What makes it different than the stars in the heavens above?)
Do you know what the world is all about? (What makes it different than the stars?)
I'm not afraid to die, at all

'Cause this is what love does to me
I fear not to bleed
Yes this is what love does to me
I'm down on my knees

Do you know how to find what was left behind?
Do you know how to find the rainbow's gold?
You'll always see me try, until the day I die

'Cause this is what love does to me
I fear not to bleed
Yes this is what love does to me
I'm down on my knees

I'm not afraid to try, I don't even know why
The love that we shared wasn't always black and white
And what I know to be true may mean nothing to you
The only virtue is the one between two

No comments: