Monday, April 14, 2008

sublime. ridiculous. whatever....

A couple of naps (and some serious comfort food to encourage those) and I appeared at work 90 seconds before our start time, having done a bit of low-flying with the music at full volume and playing the most wiring songs I have - so I sat down with blood pounding and just so, so on form. Didn't help. There is a serious system flaw somewhere, and 6 hours later I snailed home after we'd tried every last devious trick before backing out. Bummer. Bigtime bummer.

Today was a bit of a loss consequently. Did the feeds & fetches, the post-mortem mails, the grasp at straws flights of brainpower...and of course some serious naps. Now, of course, having deliberately stuffed my body clock yesterday for work, I am wiiiiidddde awake and ready to do it all again. Nope. This is what sedatives were invented for - have given sleep some encouragement with a good dinner, couple of drinks, the silliest movie I have seen since Wayne's World first appeared - it's about 95% in Afrikaans, so no-one out of SA (or Holland) would understand it - and now, meds, bed, sleep and sweet sweet dreams....

1 comment:

Aqua said...

I love the way you write. What a great post. Crumby about the bug in the system, but everything else sounds so wonderful. Glad to hear.
Take care,
...aqua