Wednesday, May 14, 2008

scared witless...

...the dude should be here in the next ten minutes for his first overnight visit. Also, first meal I will have ever given him, and all sorts of other landmarks. I was so scared of planning something that he wouldn't like that I ended up buying the makings for four full suppers (so that he can choose what he wants) and enough breakfast items for an entire hotel buffet. Of course, at the moment I don't know if I could even look at food without my throat closing up. And this is after the 'relaxing' bath I had earlier!

On a more sombre note, foreigners are being attacked, beaten, killed and forced to flee their homes by xenophobic mobs of black south Africans rampaging through the streets in traditionally black areas. So much for ubuntu and the pan-african comradeship. Please pray for the scared and homeless tonight...

2 comments:

Aqua said...

I hope dinner went well...how could it not with all that food? Too funny. About the attacks...the world is becoming overwhelmingly scary. It frightens me to think what the earth my nieces inherit will be like.

Annie said...

jcat- I imagine your dinner went well with all the work you devoted to it. I hope the time together with dude went well. You deserve to have some attention! Take care. Annie